Calgary's real estate market in April, was much like the previous month, year-over-year sales fell while new listings increased, resulting in inventory gains across all sectors of the market. The increase in inventory means home buyers have lots to choose from.
City of Calgary – April 2016 Statistics*
- Total sales for the Calgary of Calgary decreased by 10.14 per cent from the same period last year.
- New listings were up 4.96 per cent from the same time last year.
- The sale to list ratio for April was 97.27 per cent, down 0.32 per cent from April 2015 sale to list ratio of 97.27 per cent.
- Days on market have increased to 46 days from 45 days the previous month.
- Benchmark detached home price (typical Calgary home) for April is $441,000.