Elbow Park Calgary Real Estate
Elbow Park, one of Calgary's oldest and most upscale communities, is lined with gorgeous heritage and luxury homes. Conveniently located only 3km from Calgary's downtown core, Elbow Park is bordered by the escarpment of the Elbow River to the south, the affluent neighbourhood of Mount Royal to the north, Elbow River to the east and 14th Street to the west. Elbow Park is sought-after by Calgary home buyers who want to live in a tranquil community with access to the scenic Elbow River, highly-ranked schools, and the lively 4th Street shopping district, with some of Calgary's best dining and boutique shops. Read more about Elbow Park below!
Elbow Park Homes for Sale
|All Listings||$600,000 - $700,000||$800,000 - $900,000|
|$900,000 - $1,000,000||Over $1,000,000|
Elbow Park Homes for Sale
In 1894, when Calgary first became a city, Elbow Park was just open prairie, and graze land for cattle and horses. Prior to World War One, Calgary's population grew rapidly and there was a frenzy of home building by prominent real estate developers. In 1907, the land was annexed by the City of Calgary, and within a few years the upper middle class neighbourhood of Elbow Park was established.
With the sale of large estate lots, like Mount Royal, Elbow Park's affluent neighbour to the north, many of the first residents of the community were business men, doctors and lawyers. The first homes in Elbow Park consisted of large two storey or one and a half storey dwellings, mixed with grand estate homes along Sifton Boulevard. After World War, Calgary's boom slowed, and the community saw the construction of more modest craftsman style bungalows.
Designated Schools for Elbow Park, Calgary*
Calgary Board of Education (Public Schools)
- Rideau Park Elementary / Junior High School
- Western Canada High School
Catholic School District (Catholic Schools)
- St. Monica Elementary/ Junior High
- Holy Name Elementary School (French Immersion)
- St. Michael Junior High School (French Immersion)
- St. Mary's High School
Private and Charter Schools
- Master’s Acadamy - Kindergarten through high school
- Lycée Louis Pasteur, International French School - Preschool (ages 3-5) through high school
- Rundle College - Kindergarten through high school
- Strathcona-Tweedsmuir School - private coeducational day school for Grades 1-12
- West Island College - post-secondary preparatory programs from grades 7 to 12
- Edge School - integrated athletics, academics, and character-building programs
- Calgary Girls’ School Society
- Calgary Science School Society
- Foundations for the Future Charter Academy
- Westmount Charter School Society
Elbow Park is an attractive, affluent inner-city Calgary community that might be where you want to call home! Call direct 403-479-8619. Marnie Campbell Realty Group can help you find your luxury Elbow Park home. See what our clients say - view our client testimonial video.
Love the luxury homes in Elbow Park? Have questions? We can help.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate, and should be independently verified.
Disclaimer: Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed by CREB®.
Listing information last updated on August 23rd, 2019 at 4:00pm MDT.