These are truly unprecedented times. We are committed to continuing to provide our clients with an exceptional service during even the most difficult of times. While we are still open for business, the health and safety of our team, clients and community is our top priority. We have adapted our business services in today’s climate, while still offering you the same amazing customer service and professionalism. We are following the guidelines from the Alberta Real Estate Association and the Government of Alberta to ensure we all stay healthy.
1. Is real estate in Calgary still happening?
Yes, real estate in Calgary has slowed, but it is still functioning. Real estate brokerage, mortgage brokerage, and real estate appraisal have been deemed an essential service by the Alberta Government. People who have to move are still buying and selling. Our team is taking every precaution to ensure the safety of all those involved.
2. How our team has adapted?
There is no doubt that nothing beats an in-person viewing when it comes to showing off the unique features of a property, however with this changing time we have all had to adapt.
For our home selling clients we:
- Discuss the potential impacts of COVID-19 on the sale of their property and review the options that are available to them.
- Request health and recent travel information from potential buyers and their realtor before any showing to give our seller an indication of any risk.
- Create marketing videos showing a tour of the house to reduce the number of viewings.
- Have provided nitrile gloves to our sellers, to have available during showings.
- Asked our sellers to leave all lights open and doors open to reduce contact in the home.
- Do not host open houses as per the government COVID-19 restrictions.
For our home buying clients we:
- Discuss the potential impacts of COVID-19 on the viewing properties and review the options that are available to them.
- Request health and recent travel information from sellers and their professionals before any showing to give our buyer an indication of any risk.
- Encourage our buyers to view photos, videos and google map view to ensure it could be the right property.
- Have provided our buyers with nitrile gloves to our buyers during showings.
- Asked the seller's realtor to leave all lights open and doors open to reduce contact in their home.
Technology our team uses to reduce in-person contact:
- where feasible, our team communicates virtually using online meeting tools such as Zoom or Facetime
- electronic signatures for signing documents
- conduct financial transactions electronically
- if in person meetings are required, we maintain a safe distance of at least six feet (two meters) at all times for viewings and inspections
3. COVID-19 Resources and Links
Our team has compiled a Resource and links page to help you.