MaxWell Realty’s charity of choice since 2003 has been Kids Help Phone. Founded in 1989, Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only charity providing free and professional counselling services for young people, ages 5-20. Kids Help Phone handles thousands of inquires weekly through three modes of communication: one-on-one anonymous counselling by phone, one-on-one live chat instant messaging and its interactive website. The website also provides visitors with information on more than 50 topics including puberty, bullying, sexual orientation, gangs and self-harm. The goal of Kids Help Phone is to allow for the voices of all kids across Canada to be heard.
MaxWell Realty Has Donated $465,417 to Kids Help Phone, Alberta Region
As a charity, Kids Help Phone receives no core government funding. Instead, it relies on the support of community-based volunteers and individual and corporate donors for financial support. Since 2003, MaxWell Realtors®, participating in the Pledge Per Deal Program, have donated over $465,417 to Kids Help Phone, Alberta Region, and in 2015, MaxWell Realtors®, donated $35,258. Marnie Campbell, MaxWell South Star Realty has proudly participated in the program since 2007.
Survey Found More Than 40 Per Cent of Teens are Stressed
In 2015, Kids Help Phone conducted a national survey of 1,300 teens age 13 – 18 resulting in Teens Talk: A Report on Youth Issues. Kids Help Phone learned that:
- More than 40 per cent of teens are stressed
- Teens aged 13 are the most worried about grades and homework, but by age 18 their school-related concerns subside markedly
- Girls are twice as likely as boys to have body image issues.
- A significant number of teens have relationship concerns with family (25 per cent) and friends (27 per cent)
- Young people who do not have someone to talk to are 200 per cent more likely to be victims of violence at home, have suicidal thoughts and experience emotional differences.
Kids Help Phone's Walk So Kids Can Talk
MaxWell Realtors® will once again participate in the Kids Help Phone’s Walk So Kids Can Talk presented by BMO on May 1, 2016. Our Realtors® will join nearly 10,000 Canadians, in the fun 5-kilometre walk. Funds raised will help support this fantastic and essential counselling service.
Marnie Campbell, MaxWell South Star Realtor® and supporters
For those who are interested in making a contribution or signing up for this year's walk, please visit www.walksokidscantalk.ca/ to register or donate.Posted by Marnie Campbell on