Discovery Ridge Homes for Sale
Discovery Ridge homes for sale are located in a pictureque section of southwest Calgary. Home buyers will love Discovery Ridge and its Canmore like feel. Developed in the 1990s, Discovery Ridge is located in a beautiful natural valley adjacent to the Elbow River. The developer took advantage of the hilly topography and stunning surroundings to build homes with spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains or river valley. Read more about Discovery homes for sale below!
Browse All Discovery Ridge Homes For Sale
- All Listings
- $200,000 - $300,000
- $400,000 - $500,000
- $500,000 - $600,000
- $800,000 - $900,000
- Over $1,000,000
Discovery Ridge Real Estate Market Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market||77|
Property Types (active listings)
Don't want to miss out seeing a new houses and condos for sale in Discovery Ridge? Access our advanced search tool and have listings that match your preferences delivered to your inbox. Save your favorite properties, customize by community, bedrooms, home style & more! Register Now!
Discovery Ridge is dominated by attractive 2 storey single-family houses, mixed with gated executive estate homes, townhouse and condos. Home buyers in Discovery Ridge will find everything they are looking for in this master planned west Calgary community. Along the wide curvy streets of Discovery Ridge are a variety of architectural home styles including classic French Country, lovely English Tutor and charming Arts and Craft. Discovery Ridge has a lot to offer a Calgary home buyer looking for a picturesque community to live in.
Discovery Ridge, Calgary Home Price Statistics
Discovery Ridge Detached Benchmark Home Price Trends:
- In 2022, the detached residential benchmark home price in Cougar Ridge was $997,508.
- In 2021, the detached residential benchmark home price in Cougar Ridge was $863,867.
- In 2020, the detached residential benchmark home price in Cougar Ridge was $784,017.
- In 2019, the detached residential benchmark home price in Cougar Ridge was $782,600.
- In 2018, the detached residential benchmark home price in Cougar Ridge was $820,042 .
- In 2017, the detached residential benchmark home price in Cougar Ridge was $812,150 .
- In 2016, the detached residential benchmark home price in Cougar Ridge was $791,567.
- In 2015, the detached residential benchmark home price in Cougar Ridge was $807,583 .
Discovery Ridge Real Estate Insights:
- Discovery Ridge is located near the new West Calgary Ring Road which has meant home owners have had to live with major construction for the past couple of years. Once fully completed it will remove this potential challenge for some home buyers. This is still a very popular and picturesque community, family-friendly with access to natural trails and nearby amenities and home price growth. The total residential benchmark price in Discovery Ridge in 2022 was 58.5% above the Calgary benchmark total residential price of $629,350.
Find out more about how our Expert Realtor can Help You Buy The Right Calgary House Or Condo For You!
Discovery Ridge Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where is Discovery Ridge, Calgary located?
A. The picturesque residential neighbourhood of Discovey Ridge is tucked in the southwest quadrant of Calgary, south of Stoney Trail and west of Sarcee Trail.
Q. What are the age of Discovery Ridge homes?
A. Most houses and condos in Discovery Ridge, Calgary were built between 2000 and 2007.
Q. Are there luxury homes in Discovery Ridge?
A. Yes, Discovery Ridge, offers Calgary home buyers luxury homes, many with unobstructed views of the Elbow River Valley and Rocky Mountains. Streets like Discovery Ridge Heights and Discovery Ridge Way have stunning luxury homes up on the hill providing spectacular views from all levels.
In addition to mountain views, many streets like Discovery Ridge Blvd, Discovery Ridge Manor and Discovery Valley Cove have luxury homes nestled in the woods backing Griffith Wood Natural Environmental Park. The peace and serenity will make home buyers fall in love with the community.
If you like luxury homes for sale in Discovery Ridge, you might like these luxury Calgary communities:
Q. How many homes are in Discovery Ridge?
A. According to the last City of Calgary census, in 2016, Discovery Ridge has 1,620 private households. Since 2020 there has been a new pocket of single family houses and townhouses built in Discovery Ridge increasing the number of private households in the community.
Q. Are there new homes and condos in Discovery Ridge?
A. Yes, starting in 2020 there is a pocket of new homes built in Discovery Ridge. These two new phases are called Pointe at Discovery Ridge and Griffith Pointe at Discovery Ridge.
The Pointe at Discovery Ridge offers luxury single family homes built by premier builders like Crystal Creek Homes, Pure Residential and RareBuilt Homes. Griffith Pointe at Discovery Ridge is a 37 townhome development which offers brownstone and french farmhouse-inspired architecture for the Calgary home buyer looking for maintenance free living in a sought-after community.
Q. What's it like living in Discovery Ridge?
A. Drive through Discovery Ridge and the one thing you won't see is unsightly back alleys. By design, the developer of Discovery Ridge, United Communities, purposefully did not build back alleys. Instead the developer used walkways and green space to separate houses which increases the appeal and beauty of the community. Natural green space, pathways and original trees help make this affluent west Calgary community a beautiful place to live.
One of the best parts about living in Discovery Ridge is living next to Griffith Woods Natural Environment Park. The 93 hectares park, created in 2000, lies along the banks of the Elbow River and was named after Wilbur & Betty Griffith, who donated a portion of their homestead to the City of Calgary to be set aside as a natural reserve.
Like what you see in Discovery Ridge homes for sale. Worried you'll make home buying mistakes? Find out more about how our expert Realtor can help you buy the right home!
Your Expert Discovery Ridge Realtor
Are you drawn to the homes for sale in Discovery Ridge and worried you'll make a home buying mistake. You deserve a top Calgary Real Estate Team to help you avoid costly mistakes. Buying a home is a huge financial investment and you want to have peace of mind that you are working with an expert Calgary Realtor. Read more about 7 Big Home Buyer Mistakes To Avoid.
More About Discovery Ridge
Discovery Ridge Amenities
Discovery Ridge home buyers need to know that there is a small shopping area in the community, but the majority of shops and amenities are in nearby communities like Aspen Woods and Signal Hill.
- Discovery Ridge Local Businesses - Local shops and amenities include Discovery Dental, Wine & Spirits, and Discovery Ridge Pharmacy.
- Aspen Landing Shops - Tons of boutique shops and amenities like BMO, Cobbs Fresh Bread, Crave Cupcakes, Safeway and Mayfair Diagnostics.
- 69th Street LRT (Train) Station - Calgary Light Rail Transit (Train) servicing West to East Calgary.
- Westhills Towne Centre - Minutes away with shops and amenities including Shoppers Drug Mart, Safeway, Cineplex Theatre, ATB Financial, Westshills Medicare and more.
Recreation and Parks In or Near Discovery Ridge
- Griffith Park - A 93 hectare natural environmental park along the banks of the Elbow River in SW Calgary with paths and nature trails.
- Winsport - Formally called Canada Olympic Park the recreational facility offers a variety of winter and summer activities including: mountain biking, skiing, hockey, skating and more.
- Westside Recreation Centre - A recreation centre for the whole family offering a wave pool, lap pool, fitness centre, climbing wall, NHL size ice arena and more.
Discovery Ridge Schools
Home buyers looking at Discovery Ridge real estate need to know that there are no Calgary Public or Calgary Catholic schools within the community.
Montessori School in Discovery Ridge
The only school within the community of Discovery Ridge is Soular Child Montessori School.
Calgary Public Schools near Discovery Ridge
Calgary Catholic Schools near Discovery Ridge
- St Micheal School (K-6)
- John W. Costello Catholic School (K-6)
- Holy Name School (K-6)
- St. Gregory School (7-9)
Calgary Private Schools near Discovery Ridge
Ready to Move to Discovery Ridge, Calgary?
Have you decided to move to Calgary? If you are looking for a Realtor in Calgary, the Marnie Campbell Real Estate Team are Relocation Specialists. Our team understands how difficult it can be to move to a new city. Our top Relocation Realtor will guide you through the Calgary home buying process helping you every step of the way. Find out more about how we can help make your Relocation To Calgary easier.
Enjoy Searching Homes For Sale In Discovery Woods? Try These 3 West Calgary Communities
Search West Calgary Communities With Homes for Sale
Have you seen the Discovery Ridge home for sale that's perfect for you? Marnie Campbell and her expert Discovery Ridge Realtors are ready to help you in your home search. Contact us today!
MLS listings provided by Pillar 9™. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Start searching for your new home now!
This is your ALL-ACCESS PASS to all the homes for sale in Calgary and the surrounding area. Search with no restrictions.Start Search