Lakeview Real Estate
Lakeview homes for sale are sought-after by home buyers looking for a safe, family-friendly neighbourhood, next to one of Calgary's most beautiful recreational spaces, the Glenmore Reservoir. Ask anyone who lives in Lakeview, located on the north side of the reservoir, and they will tell you, "It's the perfect Calgary community to live." In fact, the desire to stay within the neighbourhood has meant there are many multi-generational families living in Lakeview. Read more about Lakeview real estate below!
Lakeview Real Estate Market Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market||50|
Property Types (active listings)
Search All Lakeview Real Estate
Can't quite find what you're searching for in the Lakeview MLS listings? Access our advanced search tool and have listings that match your preferences delivered to your inbox. Registration is FREE and easy to use, so you don't miss out! Register Now!
Ready to Move to Lakeview, Calgary?
Dreaming of a home in Lakeview, but worried you'll make costly home buying mistakes? At the Marnie Campbell Real Estate Team we're your expert guide to buying a home in Calgary. You deserve a top Calgary Realtor experienced in Lakeview real etate to help you avoid costly mistakes, so you love the Lakeview home you buy!
Have more questions about home buying in Lakeview, Calgary? Check out Home Buyer Frequently Asked Questions or schedule a call!
Browse All of Lakeview, Calgary
Houses for sale in Lakeview consist of everything from modest 1960's bungalows to luxury estate homes in Lakeview Village. The majority of home styles in Lakeview are single family bungalows, with a mix of 2 storey, bi-level, and split-level homes. A Lakeview bungalow typically range in size from 1,100 sq ft to 1,600 sq ft, where as a, 2 storey house ranges in size from 1,300 sq ft to over 3,000 sq ft. Lot sizes in Lakeview range from 5,600 sq ft to over 10,000 sq ft.
After 50 years, many of the houses in Lakeview are undergoing major makeovers. Many of the bungalows have undergone extensive renovations, opening up walls and adding ensuites and modern beautiful kitchens. Some developers have replaced the original bungalow with gorgeous luxury 2 storey homes.
Lakeview Home Price Statistics
Total Residential Benchmark Home Price in Lakeview
- In 2008 the total residential benchmark home price was $501,750
- In 2022 the total residential benchmark home price was $707,617
Detached Benchmark Home Price in Lakeview
- In 2008 the detached residential benchmark home price was $535,550
- In 2022 the detached residential benchmark home price was $788,183
Row Benchmark Home Price in Lakeview
- In 2008 the row residential benchmark home price was $333,808
- In 2022 the row residential benchmark home price was $359,952
Interested in more Lakeview home price insights? Contact our top Lakeview Real Estate Agent to help you!
Lakeview Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where is Lakeview, Calgary located?
A. The southwest Calgary community of Lakeview is located in along the north shore of Glenmore Reservoir south of Glenmore Trail and west of Crowhild Trail. The TsuuT’ina First Nations community is located directly west of Lakeview. Lakeview in the 1960's was at the edge of the city, but today the community is one of Calgary's most sought-after southwest neighbourhoods.
Q. When was Lakeview developed?
A. The City of Calgary annexed the land that would become Lakeview in 1956 and development began in 1961. The land was sought-after for its proximity to the Glenmore Reservoir and the Elbow River Valley.
Q. How did Lakeview get its name?
A. Lakeview got its name from its proximity to Glenmore Reservoir which was built in 1932 to provide drinking water to the city of Calgary. Living in the prairies, Calgarians are happy to call any large body of water, even if it is man-made, a "lake".
Q. How many houses are in Lakeview?
A. There are 2270 private households in Lakeview according to the City of Calgary 2016 census.
Q. Is Lakeview a good Calgary neighourhood to live in?
A. Yes, Lakeview is a great Calgary neighbourhood to live in with safe streets, neighbourhood schools, easy access to the downtown core and close proximity to the Glenmore Reservoir. Calgary's illustrious former Mayor and Premier, Ralph Klein and his wife called Lakeview home for many years. Lakeview is the type of Calgary community that attracts multi-generations of families. Parents want their grown kids to live in the neighbourhood they grew up in.
Home buyers looking to live in Lakeview will love living close to the Glenmore Reservoir and Elbow River Valley. All sorts of outdoor activies can be enjoyed at the Glenmore Reservoir including biking, running, hiking, kayaking, and sailing. There is an extensive pathway system that runs all around Glenmore Reservoir and an avid hiker will love the trails winding through Weaselhead Flats.
Q. Does Lakeview have luxury homes for sale?
A. Yes, Lakeview has luxury homes for sale in a section known as Lakeview Village. These are muli-million dollar homes, on large estate lots, are located closest to Glenmore Reservoir. Many of the homes in Lakeview Village have been updated or extensively renovated by custom builders.
Q. Are you the best Lakeview Realtor to help us buy a home?
A. Our Calgary Real Estate Team strives to be the best Lakeview Real Estate Agent to help you successfully buy a Lakeview home. Buying a home is likely your biggest financial investment and you want to have peace of mind that you are working with an experienced Realtor. Our team will help you avoid costly mistakes and give you the expert advice so you can make the best real estate decisions for you.
Read more about how the Marnie Campbell Real Estate Team can Help You Buy The Right Calgary Home.
Lakeview Highlights & Amenities
- Lakeview is located near several parks and green spaces, including North Glenmore Park and Weaselhead Flats. These areas offer hiking and biking trails, picnic areas, and beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.
- Lakeview is part of the larger Glenmore Reservoir area, which includes several other neighborhoods such as Bayview, Pump Hill, and Palliser.
- The neighborhood is located about 10 minutes by car from downtown Calgary, making it a convenient location for people who work in the city.
- The Rocky Mountains are a major attraction for residents and visitors alike. They are located about an hour's drive west of Calgary and offer world-class skiing, hiking, and outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Lakeview Plaza - Within the community of Lakeview is the Lakeview Plaza, home to IGA Lakeview, Shoppers Drug Mart, Lakeview Bakery, and more.
Lakeview Recreation and Parks
- Glenmore Reservoir - People of all ages can enjoy 16 km of multi-use pathways and trails that run along the reservoir. There are all sorts of outdoor activities at the reservoir include biking, running, sailing, kayaking, rowing, and canoeing.
- Lakeview Golf Course - A beginner-friendly 9-hole golf course along the Glenmore Reservoir.
- Earl Grey Golf Course - A premier and sought-after private 18 hole golf course on 130 acres next to the Glenmore Reservoir.
Calgary Public Schools Near Lakeview
Calgary Catholic Schools Near Lakeview
Private and Charter Schools Near Lakeview
- Calgary Girls School - Charter school for girls in Calgary.
- Masters Academy - A private school prepping K-12 students to be future ready.
Search Calgary Communities Similar To Lakeview
Search West Calgary Communities With Homes for Sale
MLS listings provided by Pillar 9™. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Start searching for your new home now!
This is your ALL-ACCESS PASS to all the homes for sale in Calgary and the surrounding area. Search with no restrictions.Start Search