Cougar Ridge Real Estate
Cougar Ridge real estate, in West Calgary, is in demand by home buyers looking for a community with tons of natural green space, an abundance of parks and pathways and close proximity to the ski hill at Winsport (Canada Olympic Park). Cougar Ridge real estate has everything on a Calgary home buyer's wish list from estate homes, to villas, townhouses and condos. Read more about Cougar Ridge, Calgary real estate below!
Browse All Cougar Ridge MLS Listings
Cougar Ridge Real Estate Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market||68|
Property Types (active listings)
Does real estate in Cougar Ridge feel like home? Don't miss out on a new property! Save your favorites, number of bedrooms, home style & more! Register Now for our free, personalized search. Get Calgary real estate listings based on what you want to see - right to your email address!
Calgary home buyers love the variety of real estate options in Cougar Ridge. This west Calgary community has over 2200 private households. The majority of homes are single-family 2 storey homes with private backyards. Cougar Ridge houses for sale backing onto green space or a natural path are quickly scooped up by home buyers wanting a serene backyard.
For luxury home buyers, Cougar Ridge offers large custom built estate homes with 3 car garages and luxury appliances. For the move up home buyer, there are lots of 2 storey homes with private backyard, and for first-time home buyers you'll find condos and townhomes for sale.
Cougar Ridge Landing offers luxury villas with geothermal heating and cooling systems for those home buyers who want to buy an energy efficient, maintenance free living condo for sale.
Cougar Ridge, Calgary Home Price Statistics
- Total Residential Benchmark Home Price: In 2022, the total residential benchmark home price in Cougar Ridge was $684,825.
- Detached Benchmark Home Price: The detached residential benchmark home price in Christie Park in 2022 was $826,208 compared to the City of Calgary which was $629,350.
- Real Estate Insights: The Cougar Ridge total residential benchmark price in 2022 was 8.8% above the Calgary benchmark total residential price of $629,350. Cougar Ridge is a safe, family-friendly community with newer homes, easy access to the downtown core and home price growth making it a good neighbourhood to buy a Calgary property
Find out more about how our Expert Realtor can Help You Buy The Right Calgary House Or Condo For You!
Cougar Ridge Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where is Cougar Ridge, Calgary located?
A. Cougar Ridge is a picturesque residential neighbourhood nestled in the southwest quadrant of Calgary. Positioned at the city's western edge, between the community of West Springs and Calgary's famous Winsport ski hill, this neighbourhood seamlessly blends the tranquility of suburban living with the conveniences of urban life.
Q. When was Cougar Ridge developed?
A. Most houses and condos in Cougar Ridge were built between 2000 and 2014.
Q. How many homes are in Cougar Ridge?
A. According to the last City of Calgary census, in 2016, Cougar Ridge has 2,210 private households.
Q. Why are home buyers attracted to Cougar Ridge?
A. Cougar Ridge is ideally located for an active family drawn to an outdoor lifestyle, especially with living next door to Winsport (Canada Olympic Park) where families can ski, snowboard, mountain bike, play hockey or Ringette. Families who love to get away will love living only 45 minutes from the Rocky Mountains.
What Amenities Are Near Cougar Ridge?
- Shopping: Cougar Ridge is close to all the boutique West 85th Street Shops including, coffee shops, restaurants and amenities. Westhills Towne Centre is short drive to shops and amenities including Shoppers Drug Mart, Safeway, Cineplex Theatre, ATB Financial, Westshills Medicare and more.
- Recreation: Winsport (formally called Canada Olympic Park) is a large recreational facility offering a variety of winter and summer activities including: mountain biking, skiing, hockey, skating and more. Westside Recreation Centre is a recreation centre for the whole family offering a wave pool, lap pool, fitness centre, climbing wall, NHL size ice arena and more.
- Parks: Edworthy Park is a beautiful 169 hectare park along the Bow River with paths and nature trails.
Cougar Ridge Schools
Home buyers looking at Cougar Ridge real estate will be happy to know the community offers several school options including near by Calgary Public Schools, Calgary Catholic Schools and Calgary Private Schools.
Calgary Public Schools In or Near Cougar Ridge
Calgary Catholic Schools In or Near Cougar Ridge
- St. Joan of Arc School (K-9)
- St. Micheal School (K-6)
- Holy Name School (K-6)
- St. Mary High School (10-12)
Calgary Private Schools Near Cougar Ridge
- Rundle College (K-12) - Rundle is a university preparatory, private school in Calgary.
- Webber Academy (K-12) - Webber is a private, coeducational, day school in Calgary.
- Calgary French & International School - CFIS is a full French immersion school for children in Preschool through Grade 12.
Your Expert Cougar Ridge Realtor
Have you decided to move to Calgary and are looking for an expert Calgary Realtor? Our top Calgary Real Estate Team are Relocation Specialists. We understand how difficult it can be to move to a new city. Our top Relocation Realtor will guide step by step through the home buying process. Find out more about how our team can help make your Cougar Ridge, Calgary Relocation Easier!
Search Calgary Communities Similar To Cougar Ridge
Search West Calgary Communities With Homes for Sale
Ready to buy or sell a Cougar Ridge, Calgary home? Contact our expert Cougar Ridge Realtor today! Our team will help you avoid costly mistakes, guide you through the home buying or selling process and empower you to make the best decisions for you!
MLS listings provided by Pillar 9™. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Start searching for your new home now!
This is your ALL-ACCESS PASS to all the homes for sale in Calgary and the surrounding area. Search with no restrictions.Start Search